Published: October 2, 2019
What temperature do you need to shoot down in a child with influenza and ORVI?
In fact, the higher the temperature, the stronger the human body struggles with the source of the disease, but at the same time deteriorates well-being. Usually we are talking about general ailments, headaches. In a child, it is accompanied by lethargy, weakness, which delivers a lot of concerns and adults.
Usually a small increase in body temperature does not lead to serious disorders and knocking down does not require. If you do not understand what temperature you can shoot down in a child, begin to reduce it, it can lead to a deterioration in the quality of the work of the immune system. This is fraught with the development of complications and a longer the course of the disease, the deterioration of the work of immunity, which should "learn" to deal with viruses. The exception will be the following cases:
- temperature 38.5 degrees and above;
- sharp increase in temperature;
- 38 degrees and higher before the departure to sleep;
- long-term hold of temperature at a high level against the background of the disease;
- diarrhea or vomiting due to the risk of dehydration of the body;
- Cramps that can lead to a collection of cardiac rhythm and breathing.
We will pay attention if there are three latter cases, as well as with difficulties with a decrease in temperature, you must urgently consult a doctor for help.
ATTENTION. When you need to call an ambulance child:
- increase temperatures up to 40 and higher degrees;
- increase temperatures up to 38 and higher degrees, if a child is less than two months;
- severe headache or growing abdominal pain;
- the appearance of shortness of breath;
- The rash, which, when pressed, does not disappear.
When classical ORVI, the temperature is usually held in the area of 38 degrees and with well-being of a child's child's adjustment. Sug down from the level of 37.5-37,7 practically does not make sense.
How to reduce the temperature?
Regardless of recommendations as to which temperature you need to shoot down in a child, it is important to create an optimal microclimate in the room and the conditions for recovery. In general, we are talking about the following moments:
- Regular air ventilation (flu virus and many others are concentrated in spots);
- maintaining the optimal humidity of 40-60% (in this case, the mucous membranes of the nose and the larynx do not dry, which improves the quality of local immunity and improves the patient's condition);
- Abundant drinking (with urine through the kidneys will be removed the products of the decay of viruses, which will reduce the burden on the body).
Increased temperature is knocked down by both folk remedies and medication. Proponents of the first option can use:
- Wiping the child with water room temperature (not cold) gives a short-term and insignificant effect. In fact, the heat is returned again for 30 minutes, so regular repetition of the procedure is required.
- Making compresses from sauerkraut, which are superimposed on veins located on the inner surface of the elbow bend, where they are close to the skin surface.
- Cranberry Morse, which is an excellent coogent, which automatically reduces the temperature. At the same time, the berry is useful for its vitamins, and the drink accelerates the withdrawal of viruses and decay products with urine. Morse Cranberry has a beneficial effect on immunity, so actively used in folk medicine.
- Herbal tea from linden, which gives a good effect when drinking together with honey, causing abundant sweating that reduces the temperature by evaporation of moisture from the skin surface.
The use of folk methods instead of pills requires special attention from adults. The reason in a possible allergic reaction to vegetable preparations, as well as in a not enough pronounced effect from such treatment. Therefore, if you need to quickly bring down the child's temperature, it is recommended to use drugs to reduce temperature.
Classic preparations for lowering the temperature are widely known. They are sold in pharmacies in various forms and with different dosages, allowing you to choose the optimal option depending on the age. For example, when you knock down the temperature of the child 1 year or younger, it is better to choose preparations in the form of a syrup or rectal candles. Children of senior kindergarten or schoolchildren will easily take the usual tablet, capsule or powder. The body can more sensitively react, for example, for some one drug, so experiment in practice, identifying a more effective tool based on the recommendations of your attending physician.
When taking medicines, when you need to shoot down the child's temperature, follow these rules:
- Do not at the same time several drugs;
- If necessary, alternate medicines, but the gap between the techniques should be at least 2-3 hours;
- To dosing the syrup, use only a measuring spoon and a syringe, which are included, will warn it overdose.
What can not be given to children?
To reduce the temperature, in no case to children should not give the following drugs:
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) due to the risk of severe encephalopathy in the presence of liver failure;
- Nimesulide due to a serious toxic impact on the liver.
Do I need to shoot down the child's temperature to 36.6?
After taking the drug, the result is considered, when the temperature dropped by 0.5 degrees in an hour. If you gave a medicine at a temperature of 39, and after an hour it fell only to 38 and nothing further decreases, then this is a good result. No need to achieve a decrease to the norm at 36.6. It will give serious overload on the body, slow down the fight against infection and can lead to a decrease in temperature, which will worsen the overall condition of the child. If, after receiving the drug, the temperature is in the range of 37-37.5, then this is the ideal result in the first stage of the disease. After a few hours, the temperature may rise again, and this is normal, given that the active ingredient is derived from the body and stops working. This may require reuse of drugs. Here, be sure to observe the temperature rates and temporal intervals between the preparations. If the latter gradually increase, this is a sign of an effective struggle of the body with infection and gradual recovery, which in the standard case is 3-5 days.
When you need to quickly consult a doctor
Parents need to know the symptoms when the temperature is raised to quickly consult a doctor because of the possible development of a serious illness:
- Breathing disorder (very deep or, on the contrary, superficial, very frequent or, on the contrary, rare);
- The temperature reaches extremely high values - more than 39 degrees;
- rash on body in the form of bruises or blue stars;
- The temperature is kept on the same values or constantly rises within a few days;
- loss of consciousness or convulsions.
How to help the body in the fight against infection?
In addition to the answer to the question, what temperature you need to shoot down in a child, it is important in the treatment of creating conditions for an effective pathogen control. To do this, it is desirable to organize an optimal microclimate indoor (temperature 18-20 degrees, humidity 40-60%). You can lower the first winter with active ventilation, which will additionally enhance the air in the room with oxygen and automatically increase the humidity. Increase the latest can be used by water evaporators or by the usual placement of a damp cloth on a battery, a wet room cleaning. Isolation of a patient from other children is also required to prevent infection.
All family members must strengthen the quality of personal hygiene. First of all, we are talking about washing hands and face, since the viruses often fall on the mucous membranes from them. Similar hygienic procedures are important to carry out not only before meals and after the toilet, but also after each entry to the patient, after each cottage of medicines, contact with its nose, linen. It is also necessary to allocate the child a separate set of cutlery and circles from which it will drink.
It is important to create comfortable conditions when lying. Do not cover the patient to ensure a good heat sink (an exception will be the situation when you gave the antipyretic and expect a strong sweating, after which it is necessary to dress in dry things).
Remember that the basis of the treatment of colds is a timely and effective struggle with its cause - viral infection. For this purpose, pediatricians are often prescribed various antiviral drugs. A good example of such a means is Derinat. It is widely used to treat ARVI and influenza in children from birth and adults. The tool is produced in two forms: in the form of droplets and spray. The drug, falling on the mucous membrane, is quickly absorbed and has the following impact:
- activates the cells of the immune system, which suppress the breeding of the virus;
- Strengthens and restores the mucous membrane, which acts as a natural obstacle to viruses and bacteria, preventing the accession of secondary infection and the development of complications;
- Improves the work of its own protective forces of the body, helping him to deal with the disease.
Derinat is not a symptomatic means, its action is not directed directly to a decrease in temperature or suppressing other cold symptoms. But its reception contributes to the acceleration of recovery by naturally and helps prevent the development of complications. Additionally, droplets and spray Derinat can be used to prevent respiratory diseases. The drug can be applied from the first day of life, and before the start of use, you must familiarize yourself with the instructions.
Read more about the preparation and how it works, read here.
Read interesting articles on related topics:
Each person faced the temperature lift. Worst when the temperature grows in a child. And already in the small and for the first time in life ... a little easier (but still scary), if this happens in the bright time of the day, and in the mobile "scored" number of your favorite pediatrician. And if night? I went to bed healthy - and suddenly "burning". Correct Woot dad? Woot a child? Woot a doctor? Go to bed further? To shoot down the temperature? In principle, all options are acceptable, the main thing is, to understand when which apply. Let's try to figure together with Pediatrician kinderklinik Anna Gilenko:
High temperature 38 and higher: a friend or enemy?
Increased body temperature in infectious disease is a protective reaction of the body. The perfect antiviral remedy is interferon - synthesized in our body in conditions of an increased body. Therefore, it is not always worth a hurry to shoot down the temperature.
- the body temperature is considered normal within 36.5-37.5 ° C
- Throughout the day, the body temperature in a healthy person varies between 0.5-1 ° C (usually in the morning below, in the evening - above).
- The body temperature depends on the measurement site (the axillary region ~ 36.5 ° C, rectally ~ 37.5 ° C, in the mouth ~ 36.8 ° C, in ear ~ 36.2 ° C). In the article (if there are no separate instructions) we are talking about the body temperature measured in the axillary region
Ring the temperature above 38 or not?
The desire of parents to knock down the heat - completely natural. But in the conditions of high temperature, the body struggles with infections. When to help, and when not to interfere?
Each child transfers the temperature rise in different ways. Some children are "running around the ceiling" at 39 degrees, and someone and at 37.5 feels bad. First of all, you need to pay attention to the condition of the child, and not on the thermometer indicators.
For most situations, tactics are the same: if the child is active, it feels satisfactory, it's good, the body temperature up to 38.5-39 ° C is not necessary (the exception is children under 3 months of life - for them, the actions to reduce the temperature begin with t 38 ° and higher).
So just sit and wait? How can I help the baby?
Recommendations of Kinderklinik doctors:
- Do not forget to actively want a child. Drink should be given in small volumes so as not to provoke vomiting.
- faster and better leaving fluid, the temperature of which is approximately equal to the body temperature (35-40 °)
- If your baby is on breastfeeding - continue to apply it to your chest, water can be offered in breaks between feedings.
- Do not offer a previously unknown fluid child: even an experienced pediatrician is hard to distinguish an allergic reaction to Kalina-Malina from viral rash.
- If the child does not want to eat, do not force it. Treat the baby with his favorite dish.
- Encourage the "quiet" activity: board games, reading, but do not force the child to lie in bed.
- Measure the temperature regularly (and at night too) - approximately every 2-3 hours.
Check your baby's condition in a dream.
- If the condition of the baby is broken (capricious, sluggish, complains of headache, pain in the muscles), and the temperature approaches 40 °, you should have a clear plan of action in the head, and a set of desired medicines.
What to shoot down the temperature above 38 in the child?
Paracetamol (Effergangan, Panadol, Tylenol, Acetaminophen) and Ibuprofen (Nurofen, Bofen, Ibuprom, Bruphen) - Look at the image.
Of course, the list of drugs is not exhaustive. There are other suggestions on the medicine market.
* To calculate the amount of syrup (in ml) for the standard dosage of ibuprofen (100mg / 5ml), you can share a child (in kg) to divide by 2. (10kg - 5ml, 13 kg - 6.5 ml, etc.)
Safety: - Always carefully read the instructions for medicines. - Milligrams (mg) are not equal to milliliters (ml) - make sure that the box is exactly the medicine, and the shelf life of the drug did not end - do not give a child a medicine if an acute allergic reaction was previously fixed (urticaria, swelling).
- to give aspirin to children up to 18 years old (this can cause the Syndrome of Reia - acute defeat of the brain, liver and kidney). - Giving a child any other drugs (except those voiced above) without consulting pre-with a doctor. - Wipe with alcohol, vinegar, cold water or planting an ice bath.
- What effect to expect? Do not wait for the temperature to fall to 36.6 ° C. Even a decrease of 1 ° (for example, from 39.3 ° to 38.3 °) is a good result.
- When should the temperature decrease? No drug is valid instantly. Usually after taking medication through the mouth or putting it in the candlelight, the temperature begins to decline in 30-40 minutes, and the maximum effect can be achieved after 2 hours.
- How often measure temperature? Clear recommendations for temperature measurement frequency does not exist. Focus on the well-being of the baby. And do not forget to control the temperature in a dream.
- And if the temperature does not fall? If the body temperature has not decreased at all over 2 hours (or continues to grow), contact your pediatrician.
- How to alternate drugs? Between the first and second intake of ibuprofen, at least 6 hours, paracetamol - at least 4x. It is not recommended to give these drugs at the same time.
- Syrup or candles? If a child has vomiting - to reliably put a candle. If diarrhea - use syrup. In general, consider your baby's preferences.
- What if the child snapped the syrup or the candle immediately came out? If this happened right away, try to give a drug in a different form (syrup instead of a candle, for example), but if some time passed, it is worth measuring the body temperature (perhaps part of the drug managed to act, and the temperature has already started decline). In the absence of effect - give the antipyretic again using another active ingredient.
- Does the cleansing enema need before setting the candle? Not.
- Warm or undress? If at a temperature of the child is hot, it is necessary to split it (small children - to remove the diaper), you can wipe the warm (!) Water (!) (Bath or shower are allowed). If at temperatures the child is pale, its shiny, and the hands-legs are cold, physical cooling methods (wiping, etc.) are prohibited. Silge baby, give more warm drinking.
- cramps?! Put on the side, ensure the access of oxygen, unzipped with shocking clothes, free up the respiratory tract from the vomit, call ambulance.
Call an ambulance immediately if a child has at high temperatures:
- Consciousness is broken (answers the questions of the nefple, does not respond to appeal, it is impossible to wake up) - cramps - strong headache and / or vomiting - rash, not disappearing when pressing, in the form of "bruises", "stars" - a long cry or crying: Piercing (on one note) or very quiet, weak (moaning) - sputters big spring - the gait (lame, falls) - there is a blue of lips, nails, skin, tongue - breathing difficult (breathing very often, the chest is strongly drawn by breathing The child, as it were, "helps" to breathe shoulders, chest muscles) - severe abdominal pain - the body temperature in a child under 3 months exceeded 38 degrees.
Consult the pediatrician soon if:
- In a child 3-6 months, the body temperature of 38.5 ° C and higher or an increase in temperature is marked more than a day - the child has 6-24 months the body temperature is 39.5 ° and higher or an increase in temperature is marked more than a day - in a child of any age body temperature 40 ° C and higher - a child over 2 years old temperatures for more than 3 days - a re-increasing body temperature has been recorded after several days of normal temperature - the child has a repeated vomiting, a strong diarrhea - there are signs of dehydration (severe thirst, it is rare and urine concentrated, dry lips and Language, crying without tears, Large springs smeared) - rash, which appeared at a temperature - there are complaints of pain or rash around the joints, pain in the throat, muscle pain, pain when urination.
Be healthy and remember - self-medium can be harmful to your health!
Be sure to consult your doctor before using medicines!
Before use of medications, carefully read the instructions!
An increase in temperature can be caused by a response of a children's body for viruses, colds, intestinal infections and teething. The child hurts belly and temperature, red throat and temperature 38, the child has a headache - all this indicates the penetration of malicious bacteria and viruses. But what to do if a child has a temperature 38 without symptoms?
If there are no clear symptoms of colds, the reasons for which the temperature has a child without cold symptoms may be as follows:
Tooth teething response
The children's body can respond to teething tooth up 38 degrees. At the same time, additional symptoms will be restless, intermittent sleep, abundant salivation, swelling of the gums and the desire to bite solid objects.
If the age of the child is no more than a week and the temperature above 38, its state can be explained by adaptation to the environmental conditions in such a way as an increased temperature, ongoing one or two days. This condition is called "Transient Fever". The first day is the most important, such fever in very rare cases lasts more than one day.
In a year old child, the temperature 38 may arise from finding in warm clothes, in a strongly heated room. The body of the kids is not yet used to adapt to the environmental conditions due to the lack of their own thermoregulation. A child can overheat from fast running and active games, so it is better to resolve them in light clothes.
The manifestations of allergy during contact with the stimuli can cause not only rash and runny nose, but also the manifestation of an elevated temperature of 38 in the child, until days 5 without symptoms.
Reaction to vaccinations
An increase in temperature may occur as a result of vaccination. Temperature 38 The child may well be a reaction in response to the introduction of the vaccine. If a high level of temperature is held for more than 2 days, you need to consult a doctor.
Urinary tract infections
Very often, the only symptom of urinary tract infections in children is to increase the temperature to 38. If this infection is suggested, urine analysis is necessary.
Against the background of complete well-being suddenly climbs the temperature. Indicators on the thermometer are quite frightening: 38 - 40 ° C. At the same time, the deterioration of well-being is not always happening, and if it happens, it is more often insignificant. Neither a runny nose, no cough, nor headache or vomiting with diarrhea, do not join the heat. From the second day there may be some apathy and lethargy of the child, but this is also not a mandatory sign. The condition at high temperatures is quite satisfactory. The reason for this may be an infection caused by herpes virus. The heat holds an average of 3 days (another name of Roseola is a three-day fever). The temperature is badly amenable to antipyretic means, below 38 ° C does not fall.
Incubation period of other virus and bacterial infections
The incubation period of a number of bacterial infections (for example otitis) or viral (for example, ORVI) is rarely manifested without additional symptoms, but such cases are possible. If a child has a temperature of 38 2 day, even if the child does not show anxiety, he needs to show a doctor.
When it is necessary to reduce the temperature
It does not always have a fever in a child, with a "white fever" the child has a temperature and the hands and legs are cold, while he can feel chills. Therefore, it is not always possible to determine if there is a child's temperature or not, only putting a hand to the forehead. Be sure to measure the temperature to the thermometer.
Temperature 39 and above
Fever above 39 is dangerous for the child the ability to develop serious complications. Up to the brain edema.
Temperature 38 - 38.5
In case of deterioration of the child's condition at a temperature of 38-38.5, the appearance of head, muscular pain, sleep disorders, etc. Please note: it is sufficient to reduce the temperature of 1-1.5 degrees, it is not necessary to achieve a decrease in temperature to normal indicators, by taking antipyretic drugs.
Important! If the temperature does not exceed 38.5 ° C and the child's condition does not deteriorate, it is not necessary to reduce it (with the exception of children up to 3 months of life). Temperature is not a disease, but the response of the body's immunity to the invasion of the virus.
Temperature 38 and below
Children, under the age of 3 months inclusive, as well as children who have a history of convulsions, severe lungs and heart diseases, antipyretic drugs can be appointed at temperatures below 38 degrees.
Important: Immediately call emergency medical care, If a child at the age of 3 months and younger climbed the temperature above 37.5 .
There are two reasons for such urgency:
- The protective layer of cells between blood flow and the central nervous system, in children 3 months of life and younger, very thin. This means that if a bacterial infection occurs, bacteria can "cross" this border and very quickly have a negative impact on the central nervous system.
- Symptoms of severe infection in such a small age may not appear as they appear in older children. That is why it is important to obtain the diagnosis of the reasons for increasing the temperature as soon as possible. Honey and take the expectant position in this case it is impossible, it is a child's life.
Selection of antipyretic drugs
As effective and safe antipyretic drugs during fever, children currently use only drugs based on Paracetamola. и ibuprofen.
Important: The calculation of the volume of antipyretic drugs must be calculated based on the weight of the child, and not only the age of the child.
The first choice means is paracetamol (Acetaminophen, tilenol, pandol, passage, caulpol, efferralgan, etc.) in a single dose - 10-15 mg / per 1 kg of weight (no more than 3-4 times a day). It only has a central antipyretic and moderate painkillers, does not affect the blood coating system and, unlike ibuprofen, does not cause undesirable reactions from the stomach. From medicinal shapes Paracetamola. In children, preference is given to soluble forms: syrups, effervescent powders and tablets for the preparation of solutions, the action of which occurs within 30-60 minutes and lasts 2-4 hours. A more prolonged effect has a paracetamol in the candles, but the action comes later and the one-time dose is up to 20 mg / per 1 kg of weight.
Ibuprofen - the drug from the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory funds, has, in addition to the central, peripheral anti-inflammatory effect; It is used in a single dose of 6-10 mg / kg (no more than 3 times a day). Ibuprofen recommend using a second selection antipyretic agent in the following situations:
- In case of infections with a pronounced inflammatory component (otitis, sinusitis, pneumonia)
- In cases where the temperature in children is accompanied by painful reactions (headache, pain in the muscles, ears, with teething, etc.)
Ibuprofen is produced for children in the form of syrup "Ibufen", "Nurofen"; The use of tableted forms is possible in children over 12 years old.
Important moments when using antipyretic drugs:
- Choosing antipyretic drugs to relieve fever, you should always remember the observance of the dosage of the used drugs. Carefully read the instructions attached to the drug. Dose of the drug depends on weight and age. Thus, in the children of the first three months of life, both drugs are used in smaller doses and with less multiplicity of administration;
- With a "white fever", the reception of antipyretic drugs should be combined with the trituration of the child's limbs to reduce the spasm of the vessels. For the purpose of the doctor, in this case, antispasmodics can be assigned to remove vessel spasms, since antipyretic drugs may not be effective effectively;
- It should not be applied antipyretic funds for more than 3 days if the doctor did not appoint this;
- If possible, refuse to use the antibiotic baby's antibiotic child, as it makes it difficult to evaluate the effectiveness of this therapy.
Important: The antipyretic funds should not be appointed by the "course" in order to prevent temperature: the reception of the antipyretic more than 3-4 times a day is unacceptable due to the danger to skip the development of bacterial infection.
Antipyretic that are not recommended to use for children
All over the world, from the list allowable to receiving antipyretic drugs excluded amidopin, antipyrine, fenacetin.
Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) In children with ORVI, influenza, chickenpox is capable of causeing the Syndrome Ray - severe encephalopathy with liver insufficiency and mortality above 50%. This served as the basis for the application of the use of acetylsalicylic acid in children under 15 years of age with acute viral diseases.
METAMIZOL (ANALHIN) - can cause anaphylactic shock, as well as agranulocytosis with fatal outcome. Another unwanted reaction to this drug is a long collaptic condition with hypothermia (34.5 0- 35 ° C). All this was the reason for its prohibition or strict restriction of application in many countries of the world. The use of analgin is possible only for intramuscular administration (50% analgin solution of 0.1 ml / year of life) in exceptional cases in order to reduce the temperature in the provision of emergency care.
Invalid use in children as an antipyretic agent Nimesulida Because of its proven nephro- and hepatotoxicity.
What if the child holds the temperature?
- First of all, it is important to provide a child comfortable conditions and abundant drinking, changing clothes on dry, do not overheat the baby;
- If a child with a fever complains about the feeling of the cold, it must be warm, the cover of the blanket; In the event of a feeling of heat - you need to free it from unnecessary clothes, move into dry cotton linen and do not cover the blanket.
- Can help wiping cool water will help reduce the increased body temperature, especially effectively wipe the axillary depressions and the forehead. At the same time, it makes no sense to wipe the child with vodka, since a sharp decrease in body temperature leads to a vessel spasm and a decrease in heat transfer;
- Also recommended abundant drink to replenish fluid loss. Use your frost, weak disgusts of medicinal herbs, tea, juices, compotes to eliminate the cause of dehydration;
- Many parents are asked if it is possible to feed at temperatures 38? It is not necessary to feed the child if he refuses meals, food should be easy, not overload a weakened organism. Feeding a monthly child is carried out in the usual mode, breast or from a bottle. The nursing mother should not change the power mode, it will help the baby do not hurt and get recovered faster;
Remember that only the doctor can put the correct diagnosis, do not self-medicate without consultation and diagnosis by a qualified doctor.
We also recommend reading the article: "High temperature in a child and cold limbs: what to do?"
When the child rises, the parents are worried about only one question: what to do? The higher the temperature, the stronger the fear for the health of your baby. Under the rule of this fear, parents make a variety of mistakes, of course, from the best motives.
Temperature of the body is a comprehensive indicator of the inner state of the body.
Each cell in the process of its work allocates heat. According to the laws of physics, a person exchanges this warmth with the environment. That is why we feel cold if the temperature around us is low, and the heat, if it is high. Depending on these indicators, not only our sensations are changed, but also numbers on the thermometer scale.
When such a natural course of things is disturbed, the body temperature begins to grow. The body does not excess heat to the environment, but accumulates inside itself.
Reasons to see on the thermometer the mark above 37.0 ◦С set. They can be divided into 2 groups: infectious and non-infectious nature.
Under the first category fall:
- viral and bacterial infections;
- Inflammation of fungal etiology.
The second group includes:
- allergic reactions;
- tumor processes;
- Newborn period.
Increased temperature is a few species:
- subfebrile (37.0-38.0 ° C);
- febrile (38.0-39.0 ° C);
- pyretic (39.0-41.0 ° C);
- Hyperpiretic (over 41.0 ° C).
Temperature in children is often psychogenic - rises in response to experience, fright, stress, nervous overexcitation, joy. In such cases, a child's hyperthermia is higher than 38 degrees, rarely below 38. In addition, the baby may be a capricious, plaqueous, this is due to fatigue after the impressions received, with uncomfortable sensations from high temperature. There are no other symptoms. Antipyretic helps not always, it works better wiping with warm water. Wipe the handles, legs, stomach. Avoid the area of the head, face, chest, the bottom of the belly in girls. On the morning everything is normalized and there are no complaints further.
There is an opinion that the indicator of absolute health is "36.6", but it is not quite so. In the armpit, the norms vary from 36.0 to 36.9 ° C, and in the rectum - 37.-37.9 ° C.
In newborns, due to the imperfect center of thermoregulation, the norm is 36.5-37.5 ° C.
Most often, the cause of fever in children is infection. And this is normal, because children attend collectives, travel in public transport, go to entertainment views, where many other children and adults. And such social development does not pass without a trace - in places of cluster of people, the kid risks challenge the disease.
When a virus, bacterium or fungus fall into the body, the immune system recognizes it as an alien element and directs immune cells to neutralize the "title guest". And here it really happens a struggle not for life, but to death: either the microbe will die or the immune cell.
Next begins inflammation. The body affects the causative agents of infections in high temperature, because The death of most alien agents occurs with numbers from 38 and higher. Immune cells begin to secrete interleukins and other compounds needed to respond to an invasion of microorganism, including the body temperature.
The most favorable temperature for the development of immune cells - up to 38.6 ° C, so doctors do not recommend doing something while the thermometer does not show a higher value. However, in children, the temperature threshold is 38.0 ° C due to possible neurological manifestations.
When the thermometer mark overlaps the specified threshold, the synthesis of "good cells" decreases, and the already developed collapses. Therefore, the temperature above 38.6 ° C was inexpedient. Moreover, the values above 40 ° C in the child are dangerous to the development of fibril convulsions up to the respiratory stop.
It should also be alert if the baby has a subfebrile temperature for several months - it can signal about diseases.
Most parents resort to medication. The modern pharmaceutical market is filled with antipyretic drugs in a variety of forms (syrup, tablets, candles, powders, etc.).
Often the doctor prescribes "paracetamol" or other drugs containing this component. As auxiliary means, drugs containing "ibuprofen" are used (for example, children's "nurofen").
Here are some nuances that should be considered before giving a child medication:
- If the temperature is less than a year, it is possible to shoot down the temperature should not be shot down. Before giving medicine, the baby must be undressed, and only if for half an hour, the high indicator is not reduced, medications should be applied.
- No antipyretic can be squeezed with juices, compotes, lemonades, etc. Only simple boiled water. Otherwise, the strongest allergic reaction may occur.
- It is impossible to take one and the same antipyretic with an interval of less than 6 hours. The only combination that is possible, if the usual non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug (for example, Nurofen) turned out to be ineffective, after half an hour to give paracetamol.
- If the value on the thermometer is above 39 ° C, and at the same time cold hands and legs, it is advisable together with the antipyretic to give an antispasmodic. You can use rectal candles.
For those who do not want to abuse tablets, there is such an efficient method as wiping with water. For this patient, the child is stripped with a handkerchief or any x / b to the cloth wipe with water about 32-34 ° C. You can wear only when the water is completely evaporated from the skin surface.
Council of the doctor
The temperature can be unpredictable and quickly increased, so it is necessary to make it necessary for its dynamics especially carefully in the first 3-4 days of the disease. Children under a year should control the body temperature every 2-4 hours, focusing on the state of the baby, from year to three - after 4-5 hours, older children require frequent control in the event of a severe disease, poor fellow fellowship. If the child fell ill In the evening, and when measuring, the numbers of about 38.0 were measured, then you should not wait for the night and 38.5, you can give the antipyretic and put it to sleep.
You should not add vodka or vinegar, since the molecules of these substances are capable of penetrating into the blood and change the acid-base equilibrium of the body's interior, which further aggravates the course of the disease.
If the activities did not help, it is necessary to call an ambulance.
Each parent at least once in his life came across the situation when there is a heat, and there are no other symptoms of the disease.
Such a picture can be observed in kids aged 5-8 months, which is associated with teething. Some baby has this process so complicated that the body recognizes it as inflammation and responds with increasing temperature.
During the teething of the teeth, the child's immunity decreases, and the temperature can be a direct symptom of the disease.
But asymptomatic temperature can be observed in children older. She, most often, testifies to the flowing infection. Every child up to 5 years faces Roseola. This infectious disease, which for 3-5 days is manifested by fever, and on the sixth day, spindle rashes appear, which in 2-3 days and disappear.
There are cases when in the evening the child begins the heat without other symptoms, and in the morning he wakes up with a typical ARVI. But most of the parents scares the picture of the asymptomatic temperature for 3-5 days. Often this indicates a viral infection that is not manifested by catarrhal.
Also, the organism can also respond to the vaccinations made.
Council . What values did not reach the temperature, the child must need to disappear well. During the fever, blood is tucated, a lot of moisture is lost from then. The body extremely needs an additional fluid. In addition, urination is increasing with an increase in water consumption, and it means that infection is displayed faster.
Here are described the most common cases. But it should be remembered that each child is individual, therefore, so as not to harm, should not be engaged in self-medication.
Increasing temperature is a serious symptom, indicating violations in the health of the child. Only a qualified pediatrician physician will be able to fully figure out the reason. It will most accurately select the necessary therapy in each particular case, taking into account the concomitant diseases and the admissibility of the combination of various drugs.
About how carefully and effectively reduce the temperature in the child, see the video:
This article is verified by an existing qualified physicianVictoria Druzhikina
And it can be considered a reliable source of information for users of the site.
List of references
1.Http: //repo.knmu.edu.ua/bitstream/123456789/6037/1/Differential%20Diagin is a%20Ligh chief%20U%20Tay.pdf 2. https://base.garant.ru/70352646/53f89421bbdaf741eb2d1cc4ddb4c33/# block_1000.
Rate how the article is useful.5
Voted 1 person,
Average rating 5.
Did you like the article? Save on the wall so as not to lose!
Ask a question to a doctor and get a pediatrician advice online by an exciting problem in a free or paid mode.
On our website, the apart is working and waiting for your questions more than 2,000 experienced doctors, who daily help users solve their health problems. Be healthy!
Fever is a sign that your child's body struggles with infection or illness. This is all the famous truth, but not always it is. Fever occurs when the body temperature exceeds the average temperature of 37 degrees. While the fever in the child causes potential panic panic, most cases of temperature increase are not serious and they can be successfully treated at home.
Causes of fever can be different. Fever occurs in response to infection, injury or inflammation and has many reasons. Probable causes of fever depend on whether it lasts 14 days or less (sharp) or more than 14 days (chronic), as well as the age of the child.
See also Article: High Temperature Without Apparent Causes
Sharp fevers for babies and children are usually caused by infection. Teething teeth usually do not cause fevers of more than 37.5.
The most frequent causes of acute fever are:
- Respiratory infections caused by a virus, such as colds or influenza;
- Gastroenteritis (infection of the digestive tract) more often than viral origin;
- Certain bacterial infections, especially ear infections (medium otitis), infections of the sinuses, pneumonia and urinary tract infections
Newborn and small children are at higher risk of certain serious infections, since their immune system is not fully developed. Such infections can be purchased before birth or during childbirth and include sepsis (serious blood infection), pneumonia (alveoli lung infection) and meningitis (infection of the brain coating tissues).
Less common causes of acute temperature rise without other symptoms include side effects of vaccination and the effect of some medicines. Also, the cause can be bacterial infections of the skin (pyodermia) or joints (septic arthritis), encephalitis and viral or bacterial infections of the brain (Kawasaki disease). The thermal blow also causes a very high body temperature.
As a rule, fever caused by vaccination lasts from several hours after vaccination up to several days. However, some vaccinations can cause fever even after 1 or 2 weeks after vaccination (like during measles vaccination). This is due to the fact that immunization is usually intended for "cheating" of the body's immune system, believing that it sees an infection, so it develops immunity. Chronic fever most often occurs with a prolonged viral disease, or with repeated viral infections that do not have time to cure, especially in young children. Chronic fever can also be caused by many other infectious and noncommunicable disorders.
Infectious causes of chronic fever include hepatitis, chronic sinusitis, abdominal abscesses, bone infections (such as osteomyelitis). Also, the temperature increase can be an initial symptom of tuberculosis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis or other connective tissue disorders.
Also do not forget that sometimes children fake fever.
Most fevers for young children over 6 months are not serious.
Fever in children aged 3-6 months has a higher chance to be serious. You must seek medical help if the temperature is 39 C or more. Fever in a child aged less than 3 months is unusual and causes anxiety. Fever in young children usually means that they have a certain infection. This is understandable to the parents.
Many viral infections that affect young children cause fever to 48 hours before the appearance of other symptoms. A small amount of common viruses causes fever that continue longer. Therefore, a slight hyperthermia may be the only manifestation.
, , , , 
What body temperature is considered increased?
To begin with, it is worth determining normal indicators. The body temperature is considered elevated if it:
- Above 37.2 ° C in the axillary depression and on the skin of the head
- Above 37.8 ° C in oral cavity
- Above 38 ° C in the rectum and ear sink.
Todders up to the year the norm will be considered a higher digit - up to 37.4 ° C in the armpit.
But! For a period of a pandemic of coronavirus infection, these temperature indicators can be considered one of the symptoms of COVID-19. To eliminate this infection, a full-time doctor consultation is required.
What thermometer is better to use for temperature measurement? Is there any difference?
There are three types of thermometers used to measure body temperature in a child:
- Mercury is the most common thermometer. Plus it is that such a device measures the temperature more accurately. Minus - in fragility. This is the least preferred method of measuring temperature in children. Mercury thermometer is easy to smash. Baby can be bored with fragments. And mercury is dangerous to health;
- Electronic is a simple modern and convenient thermometer. It is it preferred for children. The minus can be its accuracy. Before using the appointment device, you should compare its readings with the readings of a mercury thermometer. Conduct several measurements with both devices in a healthy, adult family member. If the testimony diverges no more than 0.1 ° C, then such a thermometer can be put in a home first-aid kit;
- Infrared - plus such a thermometer in the fact that it is more accurately electronic. Quickly measures the temperature. It is not necessary to keep it for a long time, but only it is enough to attach to the skin for a few seconds. It is very convenient for kids. And also for older kids when it is required to measure the temperature in a dream. Minus price is the most expensive option. Infrared thermometers are different. Some must be pressed to the skin, others measure the temperature at a certain distance from the surface. In such thermometers there are nozzles for measuring the temperature in the ear, in the oral cavity, in the rectum.
For measurement accuracy, it is important to properly use the thermometer. Mercury thermometer must be tightly pressed to the skin. It must be kept while the mercury column will not stop climbing. Electronic thermometers usually have a sound end of the measurement. It is necessary to wait for it.
What are the reasons for high temperatures from the kid?
There are causes of increasing body temperature that are not related to the disease.
1. The kids are up to a year due to the imperfection of thermoregulation, an increase in body temperature may occur as a response to high ambient temperature. The vegetative nervous system in the kids is not formed finally, the sweating is not completely, their body can not so well and quickly adapt to environmental conditions as in adults. In the summer, the reason is hot weather. In winter - excessive amounts of clothing.
To prevent the toddler overheating, you need:
- Monitor drinking mode. In hot weather, it is recommended to shift the children with boiled water;
- Walk in the morning or evening. In the heat limit the stay of the baby on the street;
- Avoid the open sun. Walk in the shade of buildings and trees;
- Dress down the weather. Do not wrap a baby in winter too much. In the heat to wear clothes from natural breathable fabrics with one layer. As much as possible to close the open areas of the body to avoid sunburn. Do not forget about hats. Choose a light color for them;
- try, if possible, avoid or reduce travel time with a child in transport;
- For older children, it is quite possible to organize water procedures in the fresh air.
2. Increased temperature in the baby may occur as a reaction to the vaccination. Usually this increase is short-lived - one or two days. Indicators on a thermometer, at the same time, do not reach too high numbers - up to 38.5 ° C. There is nothing terrible in such a reaction to vaccination. On the contrary, it may say that a strong immunity is formed at the kid.
Usually, such a state does not require any special actions from parents. Just care and drink. If at the same time the child is observed poor well-being - the temperature can be knocked down as well as with any other state. If the temperature rise has been dragged for a long time, the numbers on the thermometer are too high or other complaints have appeared - a pediatrician consultation is necessary.
3. Sometimes the temperature increase in the child is associated with a violation of the nervous system. At the same time, the temperature remains for a long time, does not reach high numbers and does not affect the overall health of the child. The reason for such an increase in temperature is injuries or transferred brain infections. For example: concussion, brain bruises, meningitis or encephalitis. This condition requires appeal to pediatrician and neurologist, additional examination and specific treatment.
4. The most common cause of high temperatures in the baby is infection. We will talk about it more.
Why during illness increases temperature?
It must be remembered that the high temperature in infection is a protective mechanism. In response to the injection of the virus or bacteria into the blood, the cells of our body begin to produce pyrogens (substances causing an increase in body temperature, fever). They stimulate certain nervous system departments responsible for thermoregulation. The nerve endings of these departments give vessels a signal to cut. So the body maintains the existing heat. Therefore, the temperature of the child looks pale.
At this time, muscle tissues receive a signal for active work. This allows the body to produce a greater amount of heat. Therefore, the baby is znobit. When the temperature reaches the optimal level, according to our nervous system, the body gives the command to expand the vessels. The skin of the child is blushing, shivering stops, sweating begins. It happens at about 38.5 - 39 ° C. Why exactly with such numbers?
First, at such a temperature, mediators of inflammation are produced, which in our body are fighting infection.
Secondly, the high temperature prevents the reproduction of bacteria. It turns out that the high temperature is not completely scary, but it is very useful during infection. If the child moves well an increased temperature - you can not hurry to knock down, and give the immune system to compete with the disease.
When do you need to "shoot down" a high temperature in a child?
1. If the child feels bad, you should not try to keep the high temperature with all the might. When the kid climbs, it cannot fall asleep, complains of headache, loking in the body, then the temperature can be confused. Moreover, in different situations and different children, such a state can be at different indicators on a thermometer.
2. There is a conditional criterion that the temperature below 38.5 ° C should not be reduced, and the temperature above this value must necessarily "knock down". In fact this is not true. Some kids do not bear the temperature of 37.5 ° C. Others, quite, feel safely at 39 ° C. Not so rarely, I meet small patients who calmly play at 38.5 ° C and higher.
3. If the kid has chronic diseases. For example: heart disease, metabolic disorders, neurological diseases. In such cases, there is a risk that the increase in temperature will worsen the flow of chronic disease. Such children recommend "shoot down" temperatures above 38 - 38.5 ° C.
4. The babies up to 3 months of age are not recommended to wait until the temperature rises above 38 - 38.5 ° C.
5. If a child earlier had febrile convulsions (a convulsive attack that appears in a child only at high temperatures). Meet such a patient at the reception at the pediatrician - not uncommon. Usually this state is benign - with age passes itself, without any treatment. Such children are recommended to reduce the temperature at 38 ° C. Numerous clinical studies have proven that such children are prophylactically taking antipyretic (i.e., before the temperature began to rise), repeating their reception regularly, regardless of the numbers on the thermometer - is not effective. In the same way as treating such babies with antiepileptic drugs.
6. In case the temperature is above 41 ° C. It is this temperature that is considered critical and dangerous for the internal bodies of the baby. In case of banal infections, such numbers are rare.
How to "knock down" high temperature?
- Starting stands with wipe off the water slightly warmer room temperature. In emergency cases, at very high numbers, you should not be afraid of a cool soul. Wipe children with alcohol solutions or vinegar is not categorically recommended. The surface of the child's skin absorbs substances to a much greater degree than an adult. Processing the skin in this way, you can cause poisoning.
- The baby should be enough. Moisture deficiency in the body reduces sweating. So, the body cannot fully give heat and overheats.
- The room of a pool child should be cool - optimally not higher than 21 ° C. Otherwise, the body will not fully be able to give heat.
- Do not bite the ill child. If the baby is znobit - this does not mean that he is cold. It is not necessary to cover it with a thick blanket and wear a lot of layers of warm clothes.
In the event that physical cooling methods were not fairly effective. It makes sense to proceed to the use of antipyretic.
How to apply antipyretic drugs in children?
It should be clarified that the antipyretic drugs in children are used only with the existing high temperature. Course reception to prevent the increase in body temperature, for example, 3 or 4 times a day has no meaning. There are many shopping titles and dosage forms adapted for reception by children:
- Todders up to a year is more suitable antipyretic in the form of candles. It must be remembered that the effect of drugs in this form comes a little later than the drugs that are used orally;
- For children, over a year, syrups and solutions produce;
- Children over 7 years old can already use medications in the form of tablets.
In the instructions for drugs, a single dose of medication is usually indicated on average for the age of the child. But it is more correct to calculate the dose not by age, but by weight. Different kids in the same age can differ significantly in weight.
It should be known that when receiving the antipyretic, the temperature should not reach normal numbers at all. Effective is considered to reduce the temperature at least 1 degrees. But even if the temperature declined to a lesser extent, and the child's well-being improved is a positive effect of receiving the antipyretic.
Online pediatric doctor consultation
Cost consultation: 500 rubles
As part of the consultation, you will be able to voice your problem, the doctor will clarify the situation, decrypts the tests, will answer your questions and give the necessary recommendations.
What medications to reduce temperature can not be taken to children?
Nimesulide is banned for use in children under 12 years old. It has a pronounced toxic effect on the liver.
Analgin (sodium metamizol) causes a pronounced reduction in blood neutrophils, often causes anaphylactic shock. Analgin, unlike other antipyretic, is able to drastically reduce the body temperature to extremely low numbers (34-35 ° C). Its reception is possible only in special states, under the control of the doctor, in the form of injections.
Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is categorically prohibited in children under 15 years due to the fact that it causes the hardest complication with high death - Reia syndrome.
In conclusion, I want to say that all children, sooner or later, in their lives are found with high temperatures. There is nothing terrible in this if you know how to help the baby.
The child rose a temperature, but neither cough, no other symptoms no colds? Options, what happened, in such a situation a lot. Pediatrician Oksana Dovodanr-Zapolskaya tells how to distinguish a "good" temperature from "bad" at what point and how it is worth starting to shoot down and when it is necessary to immediately call an ambulance.
Oksana Dovanar-Zapolskaya Pediatrician Pediatrician of the Higher Category of the Nordin Medical Center, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor
Normal child's temperature and how to measure it
Normal body temperature in a child, not 36.6 and not even 37.0 degrees - justified such a conclusion with modern scientific research. And during the day, the body temperature fluctuates on average by 0.5 degrees with a minimum value in the morning and the maximum - early in the evening.
- According to the integrated leading of children's age diseases, fever (temporary restructuring of the thermoregulation system as a protective reaction. - approx. Tut.by) is called an increase in body temperature above 37.5 degrees when measured in the axillary depression, the doctor emphasizes.
But there are nuances. Sometimes adolescents (15 years and older) can be considered an increase in body temperature and 37.4 - in cases where the temperature of more than one degree from the conventional value occurs. That is, if a child usually always has a temperature at 36.0-36.1, and now the thermometer shows 37.4.
- With young children, especially up to 3 months, the situation is also special. Such kids, according to international protocols, the body temperature is measured only in the rectum, since only this measurement method will reflect this importance, the pediatrician explains. - For kids to three months, the normal body temperature in the rectum is an indicator of up to 38 degrees.
Why measure only in the rectum? This is due to the fact that kids at this age, higher the ratio of the surface area by body weight, above the metabolic rate plus a smaller number of energy reserves to maintain a constant body temperature, they quickly overheat or translated.
Separately, it is worth saying about children who take certain drugs: the body temperature is normal from them may differ. So, if a child receives, for example, a thyroid hormone or anticonvulsant drugs, the body temperature in its normal can be 37.5. On the reception of such medicines, you must prevent a pediatrician doctor.
How to distinguish fever from overheating and why it happens "good" and "bad"
Fever is an abnormal increase in body temperature, this is a protective reaction of the body to external and internal factors, and they can be both infectious processes and non-infectious.
It is important to distinguish fever from hyperthermia, that is, overheating.
- When overheating, immune reactions do not turn on: just an organism, getting heat from the environment, cannot give it back. An example is a thermal or solar blow. With hyperthermia, in contrast to fever, the child does not sweat, although hot and red. Often, hyperthermia arises from kids to six months born in winter. Parents, taking a baby from the maternity hospital, begin to actively cover it and use heaters, "says the pediatrician. - Hyperthermia is treating only with physical cooling: output from the zone where it is hot (for example, in shadow or straighten), to drink and wipe the room temperature.
If still a child has a fever, but there are no other symptoms yet, it can talk about the beginning of the disease. Fever has three phases (stages):
- At the first stage of temperature increase (it lasts usually 3-4 hours), exchange processes are enhanced to activate the work of the immune system. To hold heat and reduce heat transfer, the vessels of the skin, legs and hands in a child are usually cold, muscular trembling and chills arise. At this time, kids are becoming inactive, sleepy, pale, their head may seem to parents hot, but the thermometer under the arm will show another 37.4.
The second phase is the phase of the groove, leveling of heat products and heat transfer. Skin vessels are expanding, the skin becomes hot and pink / red, trembling and chills disappear. The child is experiencing a heat. Such an increase in temperature is favorable, it is called "pink or red fever". It is good because the child can give the heat produced and the overvoltage of cardiac and respiratory systems will not, there will be no convulsive syndrome. Children have a blush on the face, the usual activity is preserved, adequacy, the child is comfortable.
The pediatrician notes, in some cases, children do not increase the impact of heat (hands and legs remain pale and cold at high temperatures). Such a fever is called a "white fever", and it is less useful than "pink": a cardiovascular, respiratory system, brain, may occur, may occur, may arise. The temperature in this case should be reduced since 38.5 degrees.
One of the options for an unfavorable fever flow is a fever at which the body temperature is rapidly rising, discomfort, pallor, lethargy, there is no effect from antipyretic drugs, in this situation, parents should immediately seek medical attention.
In a favorable case, the immune system works correctly to a temperature of 39, measured externally. Prior to this mark, the body is fine, according to the doctor, fights with the disease, whether it is viral, bacterial or any other.
If the temperature is above 39, then in any case the overvoltage of the cardiovascular, respiratory system, metabolic processes arises, is already a large stress for the body. Such a temperature should be reduced.
- The third phase of fever - when the temperature begins to decline, hands and legs are still hot, but the child sweats, becomes red, more active, asks to eat and play, - describes a pediatrician. - Also important point: if the thermometer shows 39, but the child is active, drinks, playing, his hands and feet are hot and he has no chronic diseases, then the temperature on the recommendations of pediatricians around the world, you can not reduce even up to 40 degrees, absolutely no damage For the Baby body.
How to root with temperature
What should remember the parents of a fevering child:
Children with fever must be dressed usually, not cooler and not warmer around;
It is not recommended to apply antipyretic means only in order to reduce the temperature in children with normal well-being ;
The long-term use of antipyretic drugs is usually not necessary, since most of feverish diseases in children are self-limited viral infections;
If fever and discomfort persist more than 2-3 days, it is necessary to consult a pediatrician and eliminate bacterial infection;
The risk of temperature reduction is to disguise the symptoms of the disease, lengthening the time of diagnosis of the disease, delaying treatment.
The first thing is shown to a child with fever - to provide him with comfort. This concept includes bed regime, parent near, favorite toys and food. The second is a very important point - maintaining the drinking mode. For children to adolescent age and body weight up to 40 kilograms - this is 60-80 ml of fluid per kilogram per day.
- The baby can drink anything. Abroad even allow sweet carbonated drinks for that period when the child does not want to drink anything other than this. The day of such drinking harm will not bring, but the benefits will be significant, "says the doctor. - For children on breastfeeding, you need to make a baby to the chest more often, since the mother's body is adjusted for the needs of the child and gives it at this moment with breast milk the most necessary: food and immune protection. Children from six months can be given additionally boiled water.
Check if the baby drinks enough, simply: if the diaper is filled every two hours - it means everything is fine.
If the child is older refuses to eat at high temperatures, it is advisable to give him a sweet drink: compotes, sweets, milk. If there is no allergies on honey, you can drink milk with a teaspoon of honey on a cup.
"But honey is forbidden to give to children under two years old," resembles a doctor. - He can cause allergies or become a source of botulism.
Drug decrease in temperature is only a third paragraph, which is shown in the fever. If the child is "pink" or "red" fever up to 39 degrees, then you can stay at the first two points.
The exceptions will be children with epilepsy, oncological pathology, arterial hypertension, heart vices, hydrocephalus and other severe diseases, children of the first 3 months of life, children up to 3 years of life with the effects of perinatal damage to the central nervous system (especially children with an extremely low body weight at birth ). These children need to reduce the temperature above 38 degrees.
- With a drug decrease in temperature, it is worth using acetaminophen - a substance known to us as paracetamol. He is most safe, and it can be taken when the child is leaning less, since paracetamol does not affect the function of the kidneys. The dosage is selected in accordance with the annotation to the drug, the pediatrician comments. - Paracetamol can be used every 6 hours, but not more than 4 times a day. It must be remembered that the overdose of pcetamol can lead to severe liver damage.
If, after receiving paracetamol and abundant drinking for an hour, the temperature is not reduced, then the second stage can be given ibuprofen. But only those children who are sufficiently drinking is a drug can affect the kidney function.
- Depending on age, these antipyretic drugs are used or in candles, or in syrup, or in tablets. Until a year, it is advisable to choose a candle for a child: they are faster absorbed and there are no such components that can cause allergies, "says the doctor. - Children over five years old can already give tableted medicines.
If we are talking about the "white fever", then the child cannot disclose and apply cold wraps - then the vessels will be narrowed even more, which will aggravate the state. It is necessary to look around the child, to give a warm sweet drink and wait for the action of the antipyretic drug, and when the kid will turn red and it will be hot, uncover. In this case, children should not be given drugs with doll, as, according to modern research, this substance does not expand the vessels of the skin and limbs and does not affect the decrease in temperature.
"Red checkboxes": symptoms for fever when you need to immediately cause an ambulance
For parents, first of all, it is necessary to observe the common appearance of the child (the presence of signs of a serious illness: a non-corrosive vomiting, a pronounced headache, amended mental status, the appearance of rash and so on), the level of activity, the volume of the liquid, and only in the second stage - control the level Temperatures.
If the child's temperature rose, but parents do not see the focus of the problem, then it is necessary to contact a specialist. This is especially true for children to three months of life: they may have an infection that externally does not appear, but can be very serious for their age. This applies to, for example, infections of the urinary system: the child goes to the diaper, and adults do not notice, often it happens or not.
Also, all over the world is used by the "Red Flags" system - these are alarms that need to immediately cause ambulance, rather than waiting for a pediatrician from the clinic. The following states of children of all ages include "flags":
Unmotivated crying on the background of fever when mom is trying to calm the child, he does not calm down and even begins to cry louder, without stopping;
Every and ripple Spring in infants;
An indomitable vomiting that even a teaspoon of water can provoke, and this happens 2-4 times in a row;
Violation of consciousness on the background of fever (the child does not answer the questions of parents, very sluggish, drowsiness appears, before he has never been peculiar);
The appearance of a rash, which may look like red spots, mosquito bites or other skin manifestations (this may be a sign of meningococcal infection);
shortness of breath: the child breathes very often, more than ever before, the wheezes may be heard;
lack of urination for a long time (3-6 hours) on the background of fever;
frequent and liquid chair, in which a large amount of liquid is lost;
Fever is not amenable to treatment with antipyretic agents.